What is an Award Offer?
An Award Offer is a detailed list of the types and amounts of financial aid for which you qualify for an award year. The Award Offer can be accessed online through the New Campus Web student portal. Through the Award Offer you may choose to accept or decline specific types of financial aid available to you (for example, you may choose to accept scholarships but decline student loans).
You will use the Award Offer details to help plan financially for the year by comparing your available financial aid to your expected tuition, room and board (if applicable), textbook and other educational expenses.
How do I know if I have an Award Offer?
The Financial Aid Office will send you an email notification when an Award Offer exists for you to view online. Communications from the Financial Aid Office typically come from FAID@midway.edu. Watch your email closely for messages from this office, and be sure to respond promptly. Certain items are time-sensitive and require quick action to avoid delays or cancellation of your financial aid.
What do I do when I receive an email from FAID@midway.edu that an Award Offer is available?
Please complete ALL of the steps below to finalize the Award Offer process. NOTE: It is extremely important that you complete all of the steps. Failure to complete all items can result in delay and/or loss of financial aid.
1. Read the Midway College Financial Aid Information Sheet, which outlines financial aid policies and explains the types of aid you may see on your Award Offer. It is important that you read and understand this information before accepting your Award Offer, and you are encouraged to ask questions if you need clarification on any of the information. By accepting your awards you are affirming that you have read and understand this information.
2. Log onto the student portal to view and accept your Award Offer. Under the WebAdvisor heading on the main Campus Web page you will click on “Financial Aid” to work with your aid. Select “Accept or reject my financial aid awards” and select the appropriate award year to view your Award Offer. You will see your award types and amounts listed by term. Under “Current Status” you will have the option to accept or decline the aid types as desired. At the bottom of the page, you will see a calculation of the total aid you have accepted for the year.
3. Complete the Cost Calculator and Financial Planning Worksheet 2012-13 or Cost Calculator and Financial Planning Worksheet 2013-14. This form provides step-by-step instructions to help you calculate your costs for the upcoming year and to determine your estimated out-of-pocket expense after your financial aid is applied.
4. If you are accepting Federal Stafford Loans for the first time as a Midway College student, you must complete the TWO items described below at www.studentloans.gov. Note: You will only need to complete each of these items one time while you are a Midway College student.
• Entrance Counseling – Federal regulations require that you receive information about your rights and responsibilities as a student loan borrower. Please complete Entrance Counseling at www.studentloans.gov. Click on the "Entrance Counseling" link, and then sign in to the secure website using your federal PIN to complete the counseling online.
• Master Promissory Note (MPN) – The MPN is a legally binding agreement stating that the borrower promises to repay the principal with interest. Please complete the MPN at www.studentloans.gov. Click on the "Master Promissory Note" link, and then sign in to the secure website using your federal PIN to complete the MPN online for a "Subsidized/Unsubsidized" loan type.