As Kentucky’s only college for women and as a forerunner in coeducational adult accelerated learning, Midway College empowers undergraduate and graduate students as leaders through a professionally-oriented liberal arts education.
In support of its mission, Midway College aims to:
1. Create and maintain a student-centered liberal arts intellectual environment.
2. Integrate diversity into the general curriculum so that students will confront, intellectually and critically, some of the key issues concerning gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, religion, socioeconomic and ADA.
3. Prepare graduates with knowledge and experiential learning for their profession and/or advanced study.
4. Enhance the communication skills, analytical perspectives, and critical thinking abilities.
5. Administer student development and support programs to enhance the self-sufficiency of students.
6. Encourage development of faculty members as teachers and scholars.
7. Provide financial aid in the form of scholarships, grants, and loans to qualified students, while responsibly managing the resources of the institution.